New Year, same fast food cravings. Luckily for those eager to sneak a few extra greens into their meals, Chipotle Mexican Grill is on board.
Today, the international chain announced it is kicking off 2023 with a new lineup of Lifestyle Bowls. Designed to cater to contemporary wellness habits, bowls will be available as digital exclusives across the U.S. and in Canada and are designed to fit the dining habits of Gen Z and Millennial consumers.
According to a fall 2022 trend report published in YPulse, the recent definition of health has shifted away from diet culture. Millennial and Gen Z consumers lean towards individualized, holistic interpretations of wellness. 76% of 13 to 39-year-olds agree wellness can be anything that makes you feel good, and 90% of young people believe wellness looks different for everyone.
Chipotle’s new lineup of Lifestyle Bowls are designed to make healthy habits convenient and tasty for those opting into a holistic, realistic wellness routine. The new menu includes:
- Balanced Macros Bowl: Light White Rice, Black Beans, Chicken, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Guac, Extra Romaine Lettuce (61g carbs, 45g protein, 33g fat)
- Veggie Full Bowl: White Rice, Black Beans, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Guac
- Wholesome Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, Chicken, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Guac
- Grain Freedom Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, Chicken, Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese
- High Protein Bowl: White Rice, Black Beans, Double Chicken, Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa, Cheese, Romaine Lettuce
- Plant-Powered Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, White Rice, Sofritas, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Guac
- Go Half Veggie Bowl: 1/2 Chicken, 1/2 Sofritas, Supergreens Lettuce Blend, White Rice, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Sour Cream
To accompany the Lifestyle Bowls launch, Chipotle is also launching a wellness-inspired AR Lens to encourage fans to maintain healthy habits. The engaging lens encourages fans to move their body and calm their mind with Chipotle-inspired exercises and meditation prompts.
Debuting on Friday, January 13, also known as Quitter’s Day, the day people are most likely to forfeit New Year’s resolutions, the lens will reward 100,000 fans who complete Snapchat challenges with a promo code for free guac. Talk about a lifestyle upgrade.