* TripAdvisor announced their list of the top 25 beaches in the USA. Eight Hawaii beaches made the list. Here’s how the Hawaii beaches stacked up along with some of our comments in parentheses:
- Ka’anapali Beach, Maui at #1 (We think Ka’anapali makes a great base for a Maui vacation.)
- Hanalei Bay Beach, Kauai at #4 (There’s no doubt that Hanalei is incredibly scenic.)
- Ho’okipa Beach Park, Maui at #5 (Ho’okipa is a great beach to see honu and to watch windsurfers.)
- Lanikai Beach, Oahu at #15 (Lanikai is tremendously beautiful.)
- Poipu Beach Park, Kauai at #16 (Poipu Beach is a very nice family-friendly beach with a sheltered-swimming area that’s great for kids. There are great hotels, condos and restaurants in the Poipu area, making this sunny shore a great base for Kauai vacations.)
- Napili Beach, Maui at #17 (This picturesque west Maui beach is great for lounging and snorkeling, when ocean conditions permit.)
- Kailua Beach, Oahu (This beach is just north of Lanikai and very similar.)
- Hapuna Beach, Hawaii (Big) Island at #24 (Hapuna has made numerous “best-of” lists over the years. The south end is open to visitors with a fee. On the north end, there’s a great hotel, Westin Hapuna Beach Resort.)
* There’s a great Hawaii vacation sweepstakes for a five-night stay at Sheraton Waikiki, a voluntourism experience with Kualoa Ranch and four roundtrip tickets on Alaska Airlines. This vacation sweepstakes is “open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.” See all the details at this link.
* Annual memberships for Entertainment.com are on a 20%-off sale with promo cod MARCH5 through the end of March. These digital memberships are normally $24.99, but with the promo code, the cost is reduced to $19.99. To help you decide if an Entertainment.com coupon membership is worth it for you, see our list of the best 2023 coupons for a Hawaii vacation.
* Hawaii’s Manago Hotel Restaurant received the James Beard award for America’s Classics per Hawaii News Now. This Hawaii (Big) island restaurant opened in 1917 and is Hawaii’s oldest restaurant. With a restaurant that’s been in business that long, they have to be doing something right.
* Hawaii Volcanoes Nation Park reports that the eruption at Kilauea volcano had gone on a pause as of March 7, 2023. Of course, we’ll be keeping our eyes and ears open to alert you to the next eruption.